Thursday, October 28, 2010

Serj Agopian



By Claudia Ramirez


Serj Agopian is one of the many foreign exchange students this year. He's from Lebanon and when I asked him how he likes it here he said, "America has just been a great experience for me, even though I have had a lot of sad and stressful moments, it is actually paying off. I love my school, since everyone else is loving me back. Also, I'm on the football team, which is also a great experience."



I also asked him how big of change was it coming here and he told me,"It isn't that big of a change here. The biggest change is that I have a new family and friends. I understand that this factor is part of the experience, that is why it hasn't been so difficult here. If you are wondering if the American food is new to me then no, it's not. Mexican food on the other hand is new and a change to me because there is more diversity here in America."



One of the more interesting replies I got was to the question of whether or not he likes his classes here at Fox. "I love my classes, since i got to choose my classes. In Lebanon we don't have the freedom to choose our own classes, but in America you can choose the classes that you like the most and fit you the best. All of the teachers have been great to me, this is also a factor which makes me love my classes. Fox has been great to me. I can't thank them enough for being great to me. I really appreriate it."
Welcome to Fox, Serj!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment